Jet2 has announced a significant expansion of its flight schedule for the summer of 2024. The British group is adding 70,000 seats to its flight operations for the upcoming summer season, benefiting 12 Spanish destinations.
In response to high demand from customers and travel agents for the late summer period, the company has decided to increase its capacity from eight UK airports to Spain (mainland, Balearic, and Canary Islands), Portugal, Turkey, Croatia, and Greece; from late September to early November 2024.
In Spain, the destinations that according to Jet2 will see an increased influx of British tourists are as follows:
- Gran Canaria
“We are seeing strong and sustained demand for summer 2024 across the board, and the late summer season is proving very popular. As the UK’s largest tour operator, we have quickly responded to this demand, adding additional capacity from September to November,” said Jet2 CEO Steve Heapy in a statement.
Additional flights to Spain by base include:
- Belfast International Airport: Additional services to Ibiza in October and to Tenerife, Reus, and Lanzarote in October and November.
- Birmingham Airport: Added capacity to Palma (Mallorca) in September, Menorca in September and October; and Ibiza in October.
- East Midlands Airport: Additional services to seven destinations: Reus in September and October; Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, and Menorca in October; Mallorca in September, October, and November; and Tenerife in October and November.
- Edinburgh Airport: Extended summer 24 to ten destinations. This includes additional services to Palma (Mallorca) in October; Málaga in October and November; and Alicante in November.
- Glasgow Airport: Additional services to Menorca, Palma (Mallorca), Reus, Tenerife, Alicante, and Ibiza in October; and Málaga in October and November.
- Leeds-Bradford Airport: Added capacity to Ibiza in October; and to Reus, Tenerife, and Girona in October and November.
- Manchester Airport: Additional capacity to Almería in September and October, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Ibiza, and Reus in October; and Gran Canaria in October and November.
- Newcastle International Airport: Additional services to Ibiza and Reus in September and October; Palma (Mallorca) and Menorca in October; and Fuerteventura in October and November.