Three fugitives from the UK´s “most wanted” list have been arrested in the space of a week.
As previously reported, Alex Male was intercepted and detained at Lisbon airport. Then, Callum Halpin, who is accused of murder, was arrested in Portugal. Then, according to the National Crime Agency (NCA), 30-year-old David Ungi was arrested with three other men at a gym in the town of Coin in Malaga on Thursday
Ungi was tracked down and arrested in connection with the murder of a teenager in Liverpool seven years ago. He is accused of shooting 18-year-old Vinny Waddington in July of 2015.
Third most wanted fugitive arrested in a week! David Ungi, aged 30, was being sought for his suspected role in the murder of 18-year-old Vinny Waddington in Liverpool in 2015.
— National Crime Agency (NCA) (@NCA_UK) May 7, 2022
Waddington was shot at through a car window and rammed off a motorbike. It was suspected Ungi fled the country following the shooting.
Furthermore, Ungi was also wanted in connection with the supply of heroin in the area.
As previously reported, 27-year-old, Halpin was wanted for murder and attempted murder in the UK almost 4 years ago. He is suspected in connection with the murder of drug dealer, Luke Graham, and the attempted murder of Anton Verigotta. He was allegedly one of three men who took part in the murder in the Manchester area in June 2018.
All three have been detained in custody ahead of extradition proceedings.
- Joshua Hendry – San Pedro, Marbella – alleged drug trafficker, and is suspected of trafficking heroin and cocaine from Liverpool for distribution.
- James Stevenson – Netherlands – He is suspected of two arson attacks on Scottish properties in Lanarkshire and Forth Valley during 2020. He was wanted by the National Crime Agency (NCA) after the seizure of roughly one tonne of cocaine and 28 million street Valium tablets (Etizolam). The shipment was found waiting to leave the port of Dover in June 2020.
- David Ungi – Coin, Malaga – arrested in Spain in connection with the murder of a teenager in Liverpool seven years ago.
- Alex Male – Lisbon airport – drugs charges
- Callum Halpin – Portugal –wanted for the murder of drug dealer Luke Graham and the attempted murder of Anton Verigotta. Graham, a father-of-two, was ambushed and shot dead in a drugs turf war on the street as children played close by. Five men were jailed in July 2019 over the execution.
Report these men
So far this year, there have been 5 arrests on the most wanted list, but 9 are still at large.
Crimestoppers urge anyone with information on any of these fugitives to contact them immediately. This can be done anonymously on 0800 555 111 from a UK phone, or from a Spanish phone, call 900 926 111.
Also read: UK fugitives yet to be arrested