MADRID – The Spanish labour market is suffering from the consequences of the pandemic. And with the previous labour market crisis still fresh in our minds, employers that can offer stability are especially popular.
Spain has one of the highest unemployment rates in the European Union at 16.3%. And although the summer months traditionally provide relief, the corona pandemic is leaving its mark on the labour market. Furthermore, Spaniards who are actively looking for work prefer to work for companies that guarantee stability. Therefore, this has emerged in a survey by job portal Jobatus.es.
They examined what Spanish job seekers find most important in a job. More than 60% of the respondents indicated stability is the most important factor. In addition, a good working environment (23%) and work motivation (6%) were the most mentioned. However, it is striking that the salary only comes in fourth place. But 5% of the Spanish respondents do think this is the most important thing about a job.
Top 15 employers
The Spanish job site also looked to the best employers. As such, a top 15 of the best employers has been compiled based on various criteria. The research looked at good working conditions, good salaries, offering a high degree of stability (no uncertain contracts). And also how much the workforce has shrunk in the past year. The top 15 looks like this:
- Everis, a multinational consultancy and outsourcing company.
- Telefónica, Europe’s leading telecommunications company and fifth worldwide.
- KPMG, an international accountancy and consultancy organization that offers high-quality services in the field of Audit and Advisory.
- PwC, part of the ‘Big Four’ consultancy firms, together with KPMG, Deloitte and EY.
- Banco Sabadell, Spain’s fourth-largest financial institution.
- Amazon, one of the first major companies to sell goods over the Internet.
- Medtronic, one of the world’s largest medical technology companies.
- Lilly, or Eli Lilly and Company, of American origin and one of the largest international pharmaceutical companies.
- AXA, a French multinational company specializing in insurance and wealth management.
- Adecco, an employment agency based in Zurich.
- RealeSeguros, Italy’s largest insurer, a leading company in the insurance sector.
- AdmiralSeguros, an insurance company with over 20 years of experience and 250,000 customers.
- HP, an American technology company dedicated to the marketing of hardware and software.
- Indra, a Spanish multinational company offering, inter alia, consultancy services in the fields of defence, energy, transport and telecommunications.
- AbbVie, an American biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of research into innovative medicines & healthcare solutions.