Tragedy as three lives lost to carbon monoxide inhalation in Linares

by Lorraine Williamson
carbon monoxide deaths

 

 

JAEN – In a devastating incident that unfolded on New Year’s Day, three individuals, including a 16-year-old, succumbed to carbon monoxide inhalation from a charcoal brazier they used to heat the home at a residence in Linares.

The grim discovery was made by firefighters who found the lifeless bodies, one of them belonging to a 16-year-old minor. Linares City Council expressed profound sorrow and  conveyed heartfelt condolences to the grieving families and friends during this painful time.

Two days of mourning

The situation transpired at around 7.20 pm on New Year’s Day when the emergency services received a report from firefighters. The report confirmed the discovery of a lifeless 16-year-old girl along with an adult man and woman. In response to this tragic incident, the Linares City Council has declared two days of mourning.

ASSSA - health insurance in Spain

In an official statement, the municipal administration in Linares lamented the heartbreaking incident. Moreover, they extended their “deepest condolences to the family and friends of the victims in these moments of pain.” As a symbol of mourning in the municipality, the city council has decreed that flags at municipal buildings will fly at half-mast with a black ribbon on January 2nd and 3rd.

Carbon monoxide inhalation

The unfortunate event unfolded in the early evening of yesterday when the emergency services received a distress call from firefighters regarding the opening of a residence door on Las Descalzas Street in Linares. Promptly responding, the emergency services activated the National Police, Local Police, and the Emergency Health Center (CES) 061. However, upon entering the dwelling, firefighters discovered the lifeless bodies.

You may also like