MADRID – The Remarkable Venue Awards distinguish between the best Spanish sights, including museums, attractions and experiences. Held online for the first time, the award ceremony had over 400 participants.
The Remarkable Venue Awards ceremony is an initiative of the online ticket sales platform Tiqets. Based on the opinions of more than 750,000 visitors to their website, there were 7 categories for the Spanish winners.
1. Most prominent place: the Sagrada Familia cathedral in Barcelona
2. Best attraction: The Camp Nou football stadium in Barcelona and the IDEAL Center d’Arts Digitals scored equal with 58 points.
3. Best museum: Casa Museu Salvador Dalí in Portlligat near Cadaqués (Girona).
4. Best Architectural Monument: Casa Vicens (the first house designed by Antonio Gaudí) in Barcelona.
5. Best visitor experience: the Basque maritime factory Albaola located in an old shipyard in Ondarxto. Discover the whole process of traditional ship building methods.
6. Most innovative attraction: Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid.
7. Best hidden gem: Museo Chillida Leku. Dedicated to the memory of the Spanish sculptor Eduardo Chillida. The museum and sculpture park are in Hernani in the Spanish Basque Country in the province of Guipúzcoa in Spain.
Prijzen en internationale wedstrijd
All the winning Spanish sights received a trophy and a promotional campaign on Tiqets worth €5,000. Furthermore, they compete for the worldwide title ‘The best of the best’. The results of the public vote will be announced at the end of this month. The winner will receive a promotional package worth €10,000. More information about the prices can be found on the Tiqets website.